re: IBM's new charger

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995, Joe.Bormel wrote:

> Where are people learning about things like NEW AC POWER SUPPLIES?

Why, from the BEST place to get TP info, of course- HERE!

Oh, and since I am actually at home instead of the office (yep, it
happens sometimes) I will tell everyone that the part number on my
receipt for the "cigarette pack adaptor" - or the TP701 WW AC ADAPTER 3
PNG as IBM calls it - is 85G6680. Unit price was $49. and shipping to
Miami from North Caroline was only $7.50 for overnight service.

The number to call is 1-800-426-4440 if you want one.

> Is there a mail order company whose catalog lists ThinkPad
> Accessories?  (The one I have only show the notebooks; no
> disks, docks, cases, etc with the prices.)

I find that too. There's a faxback service that I don't know the number
for - you may be able to get it from the above number.

> What 'must have' items do people recommend for the DOCK II?

I'd tell ya if I had one. What's the best price anyone ever paid for one?
I'm thinking about it or a Port Replicator 1, but the built in SCSI is
enticing me to the DOCK....

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton