Re: Suspend (was: IBM's new charger)

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995, John H. Kim wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 1995, Robert Dewar wrote:
>
> > "Perhaps someone would like to try an experiment - with a run down
> > battery, shut the cover and leave it on overnight. Mine charges in this
> > condition all the time."
> >
> > But that is not the issue, if you shut the cover, the machine suspends, and
> > of course it will charge in suspend mode.
>
> Off the topic, but you can change this behavior via the power
> management settings.  I found waking from a suspend didn't wake
> up the PCMCIA devices, so my TP just turns off the screen when
> I close the cover.

Ditto (though for different reasons), so the "of course" doen't apply to
me. And my 85% battery has charged up to 98% as I sat here and read mail,
so that's not why my small charger charges the batt w/ the machine on.
(Though the HD _was_ spun down most of that time...)

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton