Re: OS/2 Warp - Changing Resolutions *DANGER*

>Connect up a monitor such the the LCD is off. Then from a FULL SCREEN
>DOS session run "svga on". You will then find under the system setup
>notebook that other (higher) resolutions are available.
>
>Select one and reboot.

Do not do this if you are using video features disk v.1.33!!!!

I just did, and scrambled video on my tp750 in a big way.

Before you do anything, look at the readme.os2 file on the video features
disk.  It will save you lots of grief.

I did as S.S. suggested above.  No change was evident, so I went to system
setup.  Every time I tried to start it, it crashed, and put the system into
it's long recovery convulsions*.  I shut down the system, and it would not
restart without the alt-f1 restart vga routine.  I then had to re-install
all my svga drivers. as per instructions on video features disk.

By the way, the included instructions specify that to set the external CRT:
1) open OS/2 full screen
2) enter SETCRT
3) select external crt from the list
4) shut down
5) power off
6) connect crt and reboot.

Having tried all this, the only option I can generate under system settings
on my 750 is 640x480x256.  Perhaps this is a tp750 limitation.

Additional lessons:  When the system goes into recovery convulsions, and
you have archiving on, it is writing your former settings to archives.
Only the last three are accessable, so don't do this 3 times and expect to
get your original settings back.

*Recovery Convulsions: Rare OS/2 malady characterised by blank screen and
lots of disk activity for a couple of minutes.  Recovery is usually
complete.  No fatalities encountered.

Victor Kress
Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.