Re: IBM's new charger

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995, Ted Baker wrote:

> It seems to me (and I think I recall the documentation saying)
> that this charger will only charge the battery when the machine is off.

Hmm. I have my 'pad set to spin down the HD after 15 minutes even in AC
mode. Perhaps that has something to do with it, but I _promise_ all of
you it _is_ charging on this adaptor.

Perhaps someone would like to try an experiment - with a run down
battery, shut the cover and leave it on overnight. Mine charges in this
condition all the time.

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton