Re: X11 on a TP755CX (SVGA)

| Thanks for the help I received when trying to get X11 to work in
| 800x600 mode on the internal screen. This is now solved. A new
| problem however has appeared.

HELP! Please tell me how you got this to work.  I'm running
Slackware on my 755CX and can't get more than 640x480 resolution.
I fetched the XFree86 3.12 SVGA driver sourcs and compiled those,
in hope that it might help, but I still get exactly the same
behavior, even though it now does put out different messages,
apparently since it recognized the WD90C24 chipset and thinks it
knows what to do with it.

The effect I get (still) is a display in which the upper 2/3 consists
of alternate horizontal lines of white and black, about 1 pixel thick,
and the lower third of the screen is black, with a narrow white vertical
bar about 1/4" wide.

This appearance seems to be completely independent of which
combination of clock and mode timing parameters I specify in
XF86Config.

--Ted Baker