X11 on a TP755CX (SVGA)

Thanks for the help I received when trying to get X11 to work in 800x600
mode on the internal screen. This is now solved. A new problem however
has appeared.

When runing the PS2 MODE3X ON from dos the text display changes from
80x25 to 100x37. This is just fine, but Linux does not use more than
100x25 of tis new size. And on the last 12 lines I get garbage and whats
been scrolled up from the display. I have patced arch/i386/boot/setup.S
to make linux use all the 37 lines but the problem is that there is a
part of a line at te bottom of the screen that show garae most of the time.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this line?

Now for the introduction of my self as requested by te join confrmation
message:

I have a IBM 755TP (the SVGA version) with 32MB ram and 1.2GB disk
The machine is also equipped with a IBM Ethernet ii pcmcia adapter and a
Nokia cellular modem card for the europeean GSM mobile system.
The machine is configured with 600 MB for linux and the rest is for OS/2.

Regards,
Ivar E. hosteng
email: ivar@ihosten.priv.no