Re: IBM's new charger

the new AC power supply certainly powers up the Li-Ion battery in my 755CX
while I am running it.

Of course I do not need to worry about overcharging so much with the Li-Ion
batteries. Also, they keep their charge much better, after two weeks, out
of the machine, they are still at 95% or so.

I bought one of the new small AC power supplies for my TP 755Cs.  I'm
noticing that while it powers the TP OK, it does NOT charge the
battery.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is this how it is supposed to
work.  In a way this is an advantage, since you can put a charged
battery in the TP and work off AC power without worrying about
overcharging the battery...