Linux kernel 1.1.89 && XF86 3.1.2

Does the kernel version I am using affect the XF86_SVGA  ?
Can someone send me their XF86Config for a Thinkpad 360CSE with a dual scan
monitor?
The X -probeonly makes my screen go wild, and I must reboot to get it
back.  How do I combat this?
Where can I get more information?
I would like to run it in 800x600.  I have 1024 ram and it apparently is all
recognized.
Thanks for amy and all help.  I just bought the laptop and so far I really
like it.  I just want to get X running now.
Later,

--
Rodney Daryl Slone                  | "Grounds are pretty common." - me
Electrical Engineering Senior       | Nail here [] for a new monitor.