Re: Warp Connect and THinkpads

> ... snip ...

>I asked him how the %$#@$%#@ was I supposed to do that on my thinkpad, and
>he told me I had to get a PCMCIA CD ROM [yes -- sure -- there is a very
>nice Sony CD ROM sitting on my desk, supported only by windows, with Sony
>saying they will not be making an OS/2 driver].
>
>Well I was really mad, and decided that was it, end of the line for OS/2 (and
>I am a BIG OS/2 fan!)
>
>Well the IBM story was junk, you can indeed make diskettes from the CD ROM,
>no problem and works fine

Robert, I'm glad you got OS/2 to install ok.  I wanted to add that you can
use (if you have a scsi cdrom available) a Trantor (Adaptec bought 'em)
MiniScsi cable to install OS/2 from CDROM.  OS/2 installs the PCMCIA drivers
too late in the boot process to be able to use PCMCIA stuff to install OS/2.
I found that I was able to get the OS/2 drivers from Trantor for their
parallel printer cable type of controller (also came with the controller)
and was able to modify the OS/2 boot disks to install their driver.  With
that setup I installed OS/2 Warp from my Toshiba 3401 scsi cdrom.  Then,
since I have the Adaptec PCMCIA scsi controller, I was able to modify OS/2
Warp after it was installed to use the PCMCIA controller.  This gave me a
much higher rate of speed for all my scsi devices.  The parallel port
controller works well but is not very fast.

Since you already got OS/2 installed this whole note may be useless to you
but I hope you find it somewhat useful for reference.  Don.