Warp Connect and THinkpads

Just in case someone else gets the runaround from IBM

I decided to load Warp COnnect on my TP755CX (anone else who has done this,
I would appreciate any tips etc.)

Well I was a bit surprised to find I could not buy it on diskettes.

I was even more surprised when IBM on the support line (after going to
"consult an OS/2 expert" told me that it was not even possible to build
diskettes from the CD ROM, that the installation required a CD ROM.

I asked him how the %$#@$%#@ was I supposed to do that on my thinkpad, and
he told me I had to get a PCMCIA CD ROM [yes -- sure -- there is a very
nice Sony CD ROM sitting on my desk, supported only by windows, with Sony
saying they will not be making an OS/2 driver].

Well I was really mad, and decided that was it, end of the line for OS/2 (and
I am a BIG OS/2 fan!)

Well the IBM story was junk, you can indeed make diskettes from the CD ROM,
no problem and works fine