Iomega Zip/750c

Subject: Iomega Zip/750c

>Assign the Zip Drive on first boot up in DOS. You "can" add it later,
>but by doing it in the autoexec.bat file prior to starting smartdrv,
>you will cache the ZIP, making it MUCH faster. SO....

>In the autoexec.bat file near the beginning do something like this:

>PATH statement.............
>cd c:\ziptools
>call guest.bat
>cd c:\
>smartdrv c+ d+
>etc
>etc
>win

>Be sure the ziptools subdirectory is fully installed on the C Drive,
> and run guest.bat FROM that subdirectory.

>Of course, the ZIP must be connected and powered when you run the
>autoexec.bat file. It doesn't hurt anything to leave the guest.bat
>line in place without the ZIP, it will just be passed over.

>If you prefer, you can assign the ZIP drive after bootup at any
>time by changing to Ziptools subdirectory, and runing guest.bat.
>BUT you'll like it much better when it's cached.

>  Hope this helps,
>   Richard.............

First, thank you for taking the time to respond and help.

Here's my problem step by step.
I plug in all cables, insert the 100meg disk in the Zip Drive and place
the 3.5 diskette in the Thinkpad.  From Windows I run Setup from the
diskette in the Thinkpad.  Everything goes fine and Iomega tells me its
going to restart Windows...it exits Windows and stays at the c:\ I then
have to start Windows cause Iomega didn't restart it automatically.  When
I come into Windows Iomega asks me if the 100meg ZipTools disk is in
place (it is properly in place) and then Iomega tells me that it can't
find the ZipDrive and it's ZipTools.  At this point nothing has been
installed...no assigned drive letter, no ZipTools, and nothing from the
3.5 diskette.

Could you please tell me how you installed it, step by step?

Thank You,
Akiro