TP755CX 800x600 mode

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience
specifically with Linux XFree86 on the TP755CX (which has a
800x600 TFT panel), or with the WD90CX video controller in
general.  Lacking this, I would appreciate advice as to how
I might obtain the techical data I need to configure XFree86
for this machine, or to update the SVGA driver it that proves
necessary.

--Ted Baker

PS:

I bought he CX based on the reports I'd heard of success with
Linux on the other 755 models, but it seems this may be too near
the "bleeding edge" of technology.  When I sit here looking
a miniscule 640x480 display in the middle of my 800x600
panel, and realize that the built-in DSP is apparently not going
to do me any good, I regret not buying something more basic.