Drivers for 3Com Etherlink III - 3C589B?

I have a 3Com PCMCIA ethernet card for my TP755CE.  I would like to be
able to hook this to our local netwrok of mostly SGI and Sun workstations
so that I can do ftp/telnet/SLIP/etc.  I understand that the public
domain software Trumpet would let me do this.  I have the trumpet
software, but I don't know where to find the drivers for this and the PC
card to work together.

Can someone give me directions on where I can find the driver and
configure the PC card to use trumpet?  We have no resident experts on PC
networking at our site.  I do plan on running Linux on the TP once I
figure out how to do it, and I am in the process of investigating what I
need to do.

Also, if I upgrade MS Windows 3.11 to WWG 3.11, would I be able to mount
the disks on our unix workstations and fileserver?  Or would I need Sun
PC-NFS or similar software?

Regards,

VGA

Valentine G. Anantharaj --------------- val@cast.msstate.edu ---
MSU - Center for Air-Sea Technology     vga1@ra.msstate.edu    |
Bldg. 1103, Room 233                    Tel.: (601)688-1157    |
Stennis Space Center                    Fax:  (601)688-7100    |