Re: Sound under Win-OS/2

     This is taken from the Warp Information file (Multimedia):

     To add Windows** support for the Crystal Semiconductor** audio devices
     on the ThinkPad* 750 or 755, you need to:

         1. Edit the SYSTEM.INI file, which is located in the directory you
            load Windows from, usually the \WINDOWS directory.

         2. Copy the Crystal Semiconductor CS4231 drivers from the \OS2
            directory to the appropriate Windows directories.

       First, edit the SYSTEM.INI file:

         1. Add the following lines under the heading [drivers].

            Wave=CS31BA11.DRV
            Aux=CS31BA11.DRV
            Mixer=CS31BA11.DRV

         2. Add the following line under the heading [386enh].

            Device=vsndsys.386

         3. Add the contents of the TP750INI.ADD file to the end of the
            SYSTEM.INI file. You can use your editor to perform this
            operation, or you can use the COPY command.

            To use the COPY command, enter the following at the command
            prompt:

            COPY d:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI+o:\OS2\DRIVERS\CS4231\TP750INI.ADD
            where o: is the drive that OS/2 is installed on and d: is the
            drive that Windows is installed on.

       Second, copy the Crystal Semiconductor CS4231 drivers from the \OS2
       directory to the Windows directories:

         1. Copy the file CS31BA11.INI from \OS2\DRIVERS\CS4231 to your
            \WINDOWS directory.

         2. Copy the file CS31BA11.DRV from \OS2\DRIVERS\CS4231 to your
            \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.

         3. Copy the file VSNDSYS.386 from \OS2\DRIVERS\CS4231 to your
            \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.

     ...Mike Eddy...
     Baxter Healthcare Corporation