Re: DOS error 21 when executing Win32s programs

At 10:13 AM 7/25/95 +0900, you wrote:

>I've set the smartdrv parameters... but by themselves, the DOS error 21 still
>persists.  I'm still wondering if an "out of the box" windows 3.1 is the same
>as what was origonally installed on my thinkpad.

Yes, I think it is.
In the past I have installed the "out of the box" windows 3.1 from scratch
onto a thinkpad 750C with success.  the only "tricky" part that I remember
was that you had to say at some part in the install to utilize "DOS with
APM" as opposed to just "DOS".  then, of course, had to install all the
thinkpad drivers/utilities (way back when, thinkpads only had PC-DOS
preinstalled!)

---------
Todd Tannenbaum
CAE Model Advanced Facility