Re: DOS error 21 when executing Win32s programs

>What I've done is turn on 32-Bit File Access in
>Control Panel, 386Enh, and set the smartdrv.exe windows parameter to 512

Hmm... I don't seem to have a 32-Bit File Access toggle in my control panel.
Is there something special you have to do to get this to appear?
Or perhaps you have a modified control panel program?

I've set the smartdrv parameters... but by themselves, the DOS error 21 still
persists.  I'm still wondering if an "out of the box" windows 3.1 is the same
as what was origonally installed on my thinkpad.

Thanks for the help.

-Lee

----- End Included Message -----

  Out of the box Windows 3.1 is the same that comes with the Thinkpads.
IBM supplies vanilla MSWindows on their machines. Windows 3.1 does not
come with 32-File access. That is only supplied in Windows for Workgroups
ver. 3.11. You might want to try updating your Win32 to whatever the
latest version is on the Microsoft BBS. You can get them by ftp from
fto.microsoft.com. I hope this helps.

Douglas Bridges
dbridges@erc.msstate.edu
http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~dbridges/