DOS error 21 when executing Win32s programs

Hello,

	I've got a 755C.  I want to be able to use a few 32-bit windows
applications, but everytime I try and execute one, I get a "DOS error 21"
message in a window.  Does anyone know what causes this?

I suspect it may be due to some special files that came with the Thinkpad
OS, as shipped.... Due to an unfortunate series of events, I was forced to
purchase a store-copy of Windows-31 about 6-months back.  I suspect that
It is "not-quite" fully compatible with the Thinkpad, as I have noticed
strange messages related to the APM stuff when I try and use it.

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated.
Is anyone else out there running 32-bit windows successfully?
Can you use mosaic and/or netscape?

Thanks for the help.

-Lee
lee@tcs.com