Re: TP755CE - charging/discharging battery?

On Fri, 21 Jul 1995 14:00:35 -0500 you wrote:

>Use the ThinkPad features option labeled 'Power' and click on the 'U-turn'
>like symbol.  This turns off the charging circuit.  If you
>don't have OS/2 or Windows, try running 'Power' from a command line (I think
>that is the correct command, I know it's POWEROS2 with OS/2 installed).

I used to control power management in DOS with PS2.EXE but
after I switch over to OS/2, I lost the ability to control
those functions which I earlier could in DOS with this
program. After I had installed the Utilities 2.0 diskette in
OS/2 all I got was the EasyPlaying icon in the WPS, the PCMCIA
icon in the OS/2 System icon and another Power icon in the
same folder. This last icon only shows the status of the
battery and since I never use the battery there is actually
nothing to display. What I would like to do is to stop my
harddisk spinning after 5 minutes of inactivity, at the moment
its configured in DOS to stop at 3.

Can you tell me where I should find POWEROS2? I have failed to
find it in the Utilities diskette. Am I supposed to install
the utilties with the battery working, is that why I dont have
any icon enabling me to control power?

Wilson Yip

<wyip@nicotra.com.sg>