Serial Number

The serial number on the label of my 355Cs has rubbed totally off.  I
have only had the machine three months, and there is a problem with the
suspend mode that will need repair.  I need the number, and I lost the
manual where it was wriitten during my last move.  How can I get this
number some other way?  It had been suggested to read the number off the
motherboard, but that requires disassembly.  My dealer wants $80 to open
my laptop just to get the number!  Can I open it myself?  and if so, how?
Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

see ya.  --Conrad

Conrad Albrecht-Buehler      Northwestern University     conrada-b@nwu.edu