Re: TP755CE - charging/discharging battery?

>I would like to know how to prevent the battery from charged or
>discharged while using AC power.  When I hook the power cord, it tries to
either charge or discharge the battery.  The manual recommends not
>charging the battery before it is fully discharged in order to prolong
>batttery life, and not suspending or hibernating while the battery is
>being discharged.
>
>Basically, when I am on AC power I want the battery to be left alone.  Is
there a way to do it short of removing the battery pack from the TP.
>The manual advises against turning off the switch on the battery pack.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>

>Regards,
>
>VGA (val@cast.msstate.edu)

Use the ThinkPad features option labeled 'Power' and click on the 'U-turn'
like symbol.  This turns off the charging circuit.  If you
don't have OS/2 or Windows, try running 'Power' from a command line (I think
that is the correct command, I know it's POWEROS2 with OS/2 installed).

|Kris D. Williams<krisdw@basenet.net>                           |
|Instructor/Developer:Mobile Education-IBM Education & Training |
|Co-Owner:InComm - Sensible Solutions for the Road Warrior      |
|My opinions are my own (really!)                               |