TP755CE - charging/discharging battery?

I would like to know how to prevent the battery from charged or
discharged while using AC power.  When I hook the power cord, it tries to
either charge or discharge the battery.  The manual recommends not
charging the battery before it is fully discharged in order to prolong
batttery life, and not suspending or hibernating while the battery is
being discharged.

Basically, when I am on AC power I want the battery to be left alone.  Is
there a way to do it short of removing the battery pack from the TP.
The manual advises against turning off the switch on the battery pack.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

VGA (val@cast.msstate.edu)

Valentine G. Anantharaj --------------- val@cast.msstate.edu ---
MSU - Center for Air-Sea Technology     vga1@ra.msstate.edu    |
Bldg. 1103, Room 233                    Tel.: (601)688-1157    |
Stennis Space Center                    Fax:  (601)688-7100    |