Re: Virtual desktop driver for the WD90C24 under warp?

Regarding your answers:

No, this is not what I'm thinking of; a good example is to try it under windows - in the video driver
files on the enhanched video disk(or somethink like that? Says tp755CE only, but never mind about that... There
is a driver for ordinary 750/755 too...) there is some documentation about these things, and what to put in
your system.ini to get it...

Basically, you have a 1024x768 screen WITH THE WHOLE SCREEN STORED IN THE DISPLAY MEMORY ON THE CARD. Moving your
pointer to the end of the screen means almost INSTANTANEOUS SCROLLING, JUST LIKE WHEN YOU MOVE OM THE SCREEN.
The internal 640x480 screen can be visioned as a "window" of the whole screen. (Yes, I have tried it....)

On the 755 you can, if you like, have the whole 1024x768 screen on your external monitor, with simultaneous
display of a 640x480 scrolling window of the screen on the internal display.

Of course i have tried virtual desktop applications for OS/2, I can especially recommend "pagemage" on hobbes,
which is freeware!. The point is that these applications may use the hardware scrolling routines, but they
still have to make changes in the display memory when moving out of the screen. (Of course this permits you to
have desktops much larger than 1024x768)

As far as I know this is a hardware feature of the WD cards, you just turn it on or off, why I think it should
be possible to use it under warp?

Hm.. Sorry for that screaming above ;-)

Regards,

Erik