MWave & Windows 95

Well,

I have the MWave 1.10 and the patch for > 16MB installed on my system..
But, when I try to play wave files, it gives me the following error:
    " Another application is playing audio.. You can either interrupt
    the application or wait until it is done. Then try using Sound
    Recorder again.."

I don't know of any other applications that could be trying to play
audio..

If I try to play the sounds through Sounds in Control Panel, it thinks:
" Windows cannot play the xxxx.wav file. It may be damaged or may not be
a valid sound file. Replace the file and try again.."

Which are all valid wav files.. So, I have ran out of ideas.. Any
ideas as to what I should try next??

--
Binnur Al-Kazily        Hewlett-Packard         Network Printers
binnur@boi.hp.com       (208) 396-6372       KB7YWD     DoD #2010