Re: 755C Questions

"....3. Has anyone had any luck geting any games at all to work with IBM's
soundblaster DOS emulator, if so which games?

7. Is there any cure for pixels failing on the TFT screen?...."

~~~~~~~~~~

To the games question:  don't count on it.  "SoundBlaster compatability" is a
relative thing.  While the MWave chipset is technologically fantastic, the
multimedia world does not revolve around fantastic technology.  It revolves
around Creative Labs.  The best I can tell you (and what IBM will tell you) is
that what works works & what doesn't doesn't.  Anything written to talk
register-level to a SB card, like Doom & Heretic, won't work on anything but
the SB & a few others, like Sony, that have it figured out.  I seem to recall
some of IBM's funky SB drivers were written for Windoze only, so DOS games need
to be run in a DOS full-screen session, but I don't remember if it was MWave.
I don't do much w/multimedia anymore.

To the pixel question:  IBM has a standard acceptable number of bad pixels on
Thinkpads, at which threshold they will replace the screen.  I don't think
there's any way to resurrect them one at a time.  I don't remember what the
standard is, but count your bad ones & call IBM.

Michael J. Verne
mverne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group, Inc.
"They pay you for this?     ......suckers!!!!"     ----Billy Kopecki, from "Big"