Re: Glidepoint

  "....Yah, ditto. I'd own a Lexmark keyboard w/trackpoint for my desktop
machine if they made them with bus mice connectors (instead of PS2
connectors) or if I could find a converter gadget. Unfortunately I...."

~~~~~~~~~~

You can find those converter gadgets at many computer stores, but *do not* use
them on the TrackPoint keyboard.  You will most likey fry either the keyboard
or your system board.  It *will* convert the pins, but there is a dangerous
voltage difference between the TrackPoint signal & a typical mouse signal.

Also, I don't mean to sound picky, this is really just FYI:  the term "bus
mouse" refers to the PS/2 style mouse connector (5-pin mini-din).  The one you
want is a serial mouse connector.  If anyone hears of IBM announcing a
Trackpoint keyboard with a serial mouse connector, please let me know.  I have
a serial mouse at home & would love a Trackpoint.

Michael J. Verne
mverne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group, Inc.
"My goat knows the bowling score, hallelujia!"  ---Antonio on "Wings"
attempting to sing "Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore"