Re: Glidepoint

On Sun, 2 Jul 1995, Robert Dewar wrote:
> what is a glidepoint, one of these touch pad cursor replacements? I could
> not imagine being interested in it. I never want to take my hands from the
> keyboard again to operate a mouse or mouse-replacement. When I was still
> using my desktop, I replaced the keyboard with the Lexmark Trackpoint
> keyboard so that it was tolerable to use. I really hate working on a Unix
> work station without the Trackpoint at this stage.

  Yah, ditto. I'd own a Lexmark keyboard w/trackpoint for my desktop
machine if they made them with bus mice connectors (instead of PS2
connectors) or if I could find a converter gadget. Unfortunately I can't
even find a trackball with bus connector anymore, so I've been using a
normal mouse (ewww...) since my Logitec trackball died.
  [To show the extend of my obsession, I had superglued the logitec to
the right edge of my keyboard so I could keep my hands in roughly the same
place and work with the 'board in my lap....]

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton