Re: AC Adapter for use in England

"....> I will be using my 750C in England.
> It uses the AC Adapter P/N 49G2194.
>    [it also lists 49G2192 & FRU P/n 49G2196]
> Will this adapter work in England?
> Do I need any other equipment?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Arnold

I use the same Universal AC adaptor here in England.  The only change
I needed to make (from Canada) was to get an adapter to change plug shape.
I think it is best to buy that adaptor in North America and bring it with you.
It should only be a couple dollars at any Radio Shack...."

IBM can't even get you the international plugs for those, so you have to go
with the converter on the end.  You can get the plug for England from a dealer
in England & the plug for France in France, etc.  Be careful buying the plug
converters, though.  I've seen some really cheap ones that get loose & start to
dangle from the sockets in the UK.

Am I the only one that noticed that IBM's 110 volt AC adapters for US-only are
$96.00 each, but the same adapter with European compatability built in is only
$48.00?  I'm not complaining, I'm just buying int'l adapters whether we need
them or not.

Michael J. Verne
mverne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group, Inc.
"England and America:  two countries divided by a common language."
----Probably Churchill, I don't remember.