Re: your mail

> Hi,
> i'm trying to install linux on my Thinkpad 370 (remember? 486DC75, 540MB
> HD, 12 MB RAM...
> I wanted to use Slackware, I loaded down the bare-tp from the WWW-Server,
> this one should work with the Thinkpad. It works with the Thinkpad, but
> it doesn't work with my Hard Disk Drive. So my question is:
> has there anyone a bootdisk Slackware 2.3 for Thinkpads? Slackware 2.3
> supports Hard Disks with 32 heads (kernel 2.8); but the normal bootdisk
> can't manage the disk change.
> Or is it enough, to partition the drive, and how can I save the files
> which are currently on the drive?
> Read you,
> Hanno

You should be able to use the stock Slackware 2.3 boot/root disks.  If
you have trouble with the floppy then just use the "floppy=thinkpad"
on the lilo boot prompt to fix it (you can also add this to the default
lilo options after you install Slackware so that you don't need to
type it anymore.

Hope this helps!

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+