TP + XJ2144 MHz f/w upgrade

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to upgrade the firmware on the MHz XJ2144 fax/modem
(gold series)? Were there any peculiarities?

---
Anyways I finally managed to get a copy of the upgrade from the MHz ftp site
(it kept timing out for me over here in S'pore). Unpacked rd03g.exe, read all
the .txt files, ran the point enabler, to power the card and typed INSTALL.
All networks stuff disconnected.

All goes well, it recognised the flash upgradable card and the upgrade file.
The upgrade file was not in a "binary" form tho' but the upgrade converted
it on-the-fly and the actual install proceeded.

It takes it's time.. percentage meter not registering progress.. wait a little
longer then upgrade halts. Unable to upgrade the card! No response!
Now the card is not recognised by the point enabler or C & S services!

Tried the MHz internet techsupport@mhz.com but still no response after 4 days.
Would like to call them but the cost could be better used to "subsidize" a new
card if the current one is fried or pay for parcel and packaging if it needs
servicing.
---

So at the end of it all, anyone tried the upgrade on a TP and found
a hiccup? Cheers!

  kevin cheong  mlp program  iss nus