Re: ThinkPad/Solaris

One of the godd things about Linux is that you can always search
on the net for a hacker who has solved whatever problem you have.

In my experience, many commercial products have next to no
tech support here in europe. One reason is that the market is
strongly fragmented between different languages, and no single
country can justify the cost for product expertise at the sales point.

This is true for hardware true, as I have sadly learnt from my presently
non-functional 720C, well within warranty, that sits and looks at me,
reproachfully.

Edmund.