thinkpad question (fwd)

If Phil is already a list member, I apologize for this, but I thought
perhaps of the Linux gurus would like to point him in the right direction.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 12:07:10 -0600 (MDT)
From: Phil Rasch <pjr@isis.cgd.ucar.EDU>
To: dwhite@shadow.net
Subject: thinkpad question

Hi Don,

I recently purchased a thinkpad 701C. I know that this is not on the
list of machines that you covered as noted on your WWW page. I am
having trouble finding anything relevant to the machine and Linux, either on the
net newsgroups, via posts to those groups or via WWW. In poking around on the net I have
found hints (via http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/tp-linux/tp-linux.html) that
the bus of the older thinkpad 700 had not been dealt with in current
linux ports). But that is the only thing that I have seen so far
regarding the 701. So I am just emailing you to find out whether you
can point me towards any other info, or have any advice to offer to me
regarding the machine, or a port of linux to it.