Re: Warp Mouse Tracking Speed (also OS/2 v2.1)

> I tried it on my TP a couple days ago.  It died a quick death.
> To put it bluntly, RODENT.SYS sucks when used with a TrackPoint.
>
> Even with the "response" switch maxed out at 8, the tracking speed does not
> change until the pointer is about halfway across the screen. Once there,
> it takes off so fast that you can't even see it.  As a result, I kept
> overshooting everything because there's no transition between slow and
> fast.  It's like riding in a car with my Mom: there are only two
> accelerator pedal positions - on and off.  For me, at least, this thing
> is not the answer.

Did you define the mouse in the rodent.sys line? I don't think that the
driver can identify the mouse protocol under all cases.

With a Microsoft PS/2 mouse I was able to set response to eight and
obtain smooth movement. (An inch of mouse movement was sufficient to
drive the cursor from corner to corner of the screen.)

FYI,

When the mouse jumps, it's the acceleration profile of mouse.sys coming
into play.

I too called IBM and asked about the mouse, Crystal
Semiconductor drivers and DOCK II problems. Mike Anderson called me back
and said they know about these issues. He didn't say if and when they
would be resolved.