Re: Warp Mouse Tracking Speed (also OS/2 v2.1)

On Friday, Jan 6 1994, Scott A. Stratmoen (strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com) wrote:

> Rodent.sys v1.0 has an option to increase the gain of the mouse. Thus
> it would appear that this driver will allow all sessions (os/2, dos and
> windows) to enjoy dos/windows like tracking speed.

> I tested this on a desktop system today. Someone will have to try this
> on a thinkpad. The driver can be found on ftp.leo.org.

I tried it on my TP a couple days ago.  It died a quick death.
To put it bluntly, RODENT.SYS sucks when used with a TrackPoint.

Even with the "response" switch maxed out at 8, the tracking speed does not
change until the pointer is about halfway across the screen. Once there,
it takes off so fast that you can't even see it.  As a result, I kept
overshooting everything because there's no transition between slow and
fast.  It's like riding in a car with my Mom: there are only two
accelerator pedal positions - on and off.  For me, at least, this thing
is not the answer.

I have contacted someone at IBM about alternative mouse drivers, and I'm
hoping to hear from them soon.  If led to the Holy Grail, I'll be sure
to post to the mailing list with specifics...

-key

  Karl E. Yeanoplos		|   kyeanopl@den.mmc.com
  Martin Marietta Corp.		|
  P.O. Box 179/M.S. 5451	|   Compuserve: 73741,453
  Denver, CO. 80201    		|