Re: Warp Mouse Tracking Speed (also OS/2 v2.1)

>> I tried it on my TP a couple days ago.  It died a quick death.
>> To put it bluntly, RODENT.SYS sucks when used with a TrackPoint.

> Did you define the mouse in the rodent.sys line? I don't think that the
> driver can identify the mouse protocol under all cases.

Yes, I defined the mouse as a PS/2 type device.  Here is the appropriate
line as it appeared in my CONFIG.SYS:

DEVICE=D:\OS2\RODENT.SYS MOUSE=PS RESPONSE=8

I suppose one could play with the RATE switch, as the MOUSE=PS protocol
defaults to RATE=100, with 200 being the upper limit.

If you have any better success than I did, please pass along the secret.

-key

  Karl E. Yeanoplos		|   kyeanopl@den.mmc.com
  Martin Marietta Corp.		|
  P.O. Box 179/M.S. 5451	|   Compuserve: 73741,453
  Denver, CO. 80201    		|