Re: Warp/APM woes

Item Subject: Message text
I can confirm Karl's problems with Warp's implementation of
APM.  I don't use hibernation, but I do use suspend (or at
least try to) on my TP 750.  Suspend completely locks up
the system, necessitating the use of the reset button.  I
use a PCMCIA modem (Intel).  I called IBM with a few other
concerns today and the guy I talked to didn't know what I
was talking about.  He said that they were swamped with
calls (understandable).  In any event , I had the same
problem after installing the ServicePak to bring OS/2 2.1
(full version) up to the 2.11 level.  The FAQ said the
solution was to reinstall APM off of the original OS/2
diskettes.  I don't think that can happen with Warp.
However, if someone is willing to send me their OS/2 2.1
APM drivers via e-mail (using uuencode), I will try to
install them to see what happens.  They should be sent to
dunaway@s9000.furman.edu.

I also am having a few other problems with Warp.  As the
README indicates, there is Win-OS/2 (seamless) corruption
when using the LCD (black and white).  I don't want to use
the VGA driver because I use the TP with an external
monitor most of the time.  Also, I don't want to install
the video drivers I used with OS/2 2.1 because they are
slow as Christmas.  I guess this is one I'll just have to
live with until the ServicePak comes out.

Also, full-screen Win-OS/2 works alright, but it comes up
only in 640x480 on the external monitor, when Workplace
Shell is set up for 800x600.  I tried editing SYSTEM.INI
and referencing fdisplay= to every display driver in the
\windows\system directory that started with wd.  One of
them got Win-OS/2 up in 800x600, but there was serious
corruption when using anything other than the Program
Manager.  I may try using the driver I used with OS/2 2.1
in this case.

One final concern: the driver for ThinkPad audio doesn't
seem to support MIDI.   The new Win-OS/2 audio drivers
don't either.

If there are any hackers out there with solutions to these
problems, I will love you forever if you'll relay them to
me.

Wesley Dunaway
dunaway@s9000.furman.edu