Re: Warp/APM woes

   Date: Mon, 7 Nov 94 10:36:40 MST
   From: kyeanopl@amazon.den.mmc.com (Karl Yeanoplos)

   Warp installed with no problems and correctly sensed all installed
   hardware.  APM was automatically installed, the PCMCIA drivers were
   all installed and configured correctly, and SVGA video drivers were
   even installed without having to endure the selective install routine.

This is completely correct.  However, I'd like to point out that it's
important to ignore all of the instructions for Installing OS/2 that
come in the ThinkPad users's booklet.  Obviously you did this and had
a clean install -- I had to do the installation twice because I
followed those instructions the first time.

However, I did do two things differently: I installed the ThinkPad
features programs from the utility disk, and I upgraded the PCMCIA
drivers because the ones included with Warp did not correctly
configure my Ethernet card.  I used the "os2pcm" beta drivers,
installing the two relevant files by hand.  For some reason, Warp
doesn't include a Resource Map Utility for PCMCIA -- and my Ethernet
card seems to require it (although my modem worked fine with the
original Warp PCMCIA support).

   Power management problems abound, all related to running on AC power.
   The machine enters suspend mode OK but will not recover without pushing
   the reset button (restart).

   Can anyone else verify these problems?  I want to make sure that it isn't
   just me before I call IBM to demand a fix.  It seems like we've been
   living with these problems long enough, and let's face it - the power
   management schemes are useless if they force a machine restart every
   time you use them.  Thanks,

I did not experience such problems.  My ThinkPad 755C suspends and
recovers properly.  I don't think installing the ThinkPad features
would affect suspending, but I could be wrong.  For the record, I used
version 2.00 of the utility diskette for the installation.