Re: Hard drive cases/connectors

In message Thu, 27 Oct 1994 11:23:36 -0700 (PDT),
  Randal Whittle <whittle@chaph.usc.edu>  writes:

>>  > Sounds like beginnings of a plan to me.  :-)  Do you know someone that
>>  > can manufacture this stuff?
>>
>>   How about the Thinkpad User's Group Company (THUGCO).

Interesting idea.  Change the name.  THUGCO sounds like a pack of hoodlums,
cutthroats, and muggers.

> 	So I ask you all collectively--are you the least bit serious about
> this?  Even if the money's not available--I guarantee you that if the
> Business Plan is feasible--and the whole concept is as good as I think it
> is--V.C.'s (Venture Capitalists) *will* put up the money to do it.

Actually, all I'd envisoned was putting together a deal to get a bunch of
these cables made, signing up enough people from this group to finance the
order, and disbanding after it was all over.  But I suppose most of the
organizational work would coincide with setting up a more permanent
business arrangement.  I'll be happy to offer what little help I can if you
go through with this.
John H. Kim        | "Mike Espy simply forgot he was no longer a Congressman."
jokim@mit.edu      | -anonymous, on the Secretary of Agriculture's resignation
jokim@uni.uiuc.edu | due to conflict of interest charges for accepting gifts.