Re: Why no third party solutions?

> The Toshiba screen latch feels better than the TP, but a lot of the other
> components suck.  Have you seen any Toshiba that's been through a couple
> years of moderate use?  The covers for the battery pack and ports won't snap
> on, the screen latches loosens, the white color shows all the accumulated
> dirt :-), etc.

	I was noticing a classmate's Toshiba notebook yesterday--it was
missing the door that covers the rear ports!  This was one of their
"Satellite" models too, so I know it can't be any older than my ThinkPad
750C (which is about 10 mos. now), since they came out about the same time.

	It looked to be in very good shape otherwise, but...that aspect
certainly didn't impress me.

Randy Whittle    whittle@chaph.usc.edu         |  Some guy hit my fender the  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|other day, and I said unto him|
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |  "Be fruitful and multiply." |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |   --but not in those words.  |