Re: Why no third party solutions?

> >	Anyone wanna wager that Apple Powerbooks sell more units than
> >do IBM ThinkPads?
>
> No wager, this is a fact.  Only recently have IBM and Compaq began
> to even touch the Apple record.  Suprisingly (or not), many, many
> Powerbook owners are PC users regularly who just went over.

	If software were not the issue, I would have switched a long
time ago.  I just can't fathom the idea of trying to change all my
software over (some of which *can't* be changed) to the Macintosh.
It would cost *mega-dollars*--not everyone is so friendly as is
WordPerfect (which will switch your license over platforms for the cost of
diskettes and manuals).

> >	If true, this would explain the ton of 3rd party add-ons for the
> >Powerbooks.
>
> Still...there are just SOOO many 3rd party stuff for Powerbooks and
> nearly NONE for PC notebooks.  I could see proportional differences
> but this is a landslide.

	Maybe this is a function of economies of scale.  Namely, there still
needs to be a point of critical mass before a 3rd party company is willing
to take the risk.

Randy Whittle    whittle@chaph.usc.edu         |  Some guy hit my fender the  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|other day, and I said unto him|
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |  "Be fruitful and multiply." |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |   --but not in those words.  |