Re: Why no third party solutions?

On Thu, 20 Oct 1994, Sean Chou wrote:

<sorry to take you out of context Sean, but...>
> Yes, Toshiba notebooks are nicely built.  And they are finely getting
> the clue that no one likes the side-mounted trackballs!

Funny, it was the one big minus for me getting the Thinkpad.  And
I know of at least two other people who are currently balking at the TP
because of just that.  I happen to love Microsoft's little trackball.

I know this isn't the best forum to ask, but I'm looking for external
backup (pref HD, but if anyone has good tape experiences do let me know)
for my TP.  I nearly strangled a guy that kept insisting 'you just insert
this ISA controller...'.  He just didn't get it.  And his booth was
across from IBM - I was even *pointing* to a thinkpad!

Anyone have any good experiences with external serial/parallel backup?
(I'd appreciate knowing about the bad experiences too so I don't make the
same mistake).  Probably best to email me direct and save bugging everyone
on the list.