32-bit disk access on 75x

I posted a message earlier today about not being able to use 32-bit disk
acess on the 755C with a 540M hard drive.  I've discovered that the problem
is due to the fact that IDE supports up to 520M, so the 540M drive is an
Enhanced IDE (EIDE).  The WFW 32-bit driver (wdctrl) does not support
32-bit disk access for enhanced IDE drives!

This is _not_ the fault of IBM or Sigma Data.

Does anyone know if Microsoft (or anyone else) has posted a patch to
wdctrl to support EIDE drives?

Thanks,

Robert George
(george@cs.nps.navy.mil)