Re: does anybody have more info on upcoming ThinkPads?

>Now, I've noticed an interesting trend for the Thinkpad 700.  Somehow a
>large quantity of the monochrome models are available on sale at many
>places including the IBM PC Outlet, and almost all the peripherals and
>upgrades are available at amazingly low prices.  This is however, over
>one since the model was discontinued by IBM.

I've noticed the same thing.  I got an ad for TP700/720 products at
prices that were incredibly cheap.  However, IBM seems to have wisened
up at least a bit.  The 755 uses the same things as the 750 and later
models will presumably try to capture on that standardization so
they can keep their inflated prices longer.

It seems IBM never learns.