RE: TP360 emm386 memory range exclusion for Megahz modem

I do the following in EMM386 to get more memory:

I=E000-E5FF

     I can include this because this part of the IBM reserved for BIOS area
is free on my TP750Ce.  I also had a TP750C with the older BIOS, and I could
use from E000-E6FF.  Try it.  The worst that can happen is you hang on
startup.

X=C800-C9FF

     I hacked this out using microsoft's diagnostics (\WINDOWS\MSD.EXE) to
look for ROM, and I found that when I told SETMHZ to place the modem at
address C800, it worked... even though I had physical ROM from my Roland
SCC-1 card at CA00-CEFF.

I send this message to you now, with WFW 3.11, IBM EZ-PLAY drivers,
Megahertz XJ1144, and in my CONFIG.SYS:

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE I=E000-E5FF X=C800-C9FF
DEVICEhigh=C:\THINKPAD\DICRMU01.SYS /MA=C800-C9FF

NOTE: The MHZ modem is the only PCMCIA device I use currently.

Enjoy.

Tim Nelson
SHL Systemhouse Inc.