Re: Need some help w/Linux kernel on Thinkpad 360.

For Linux on the 750, I had to wire-in the disk geometry.  The zImage
file that you have for the thinkpad probably reflects my 320Mb disk
drive,  so it won't work with your 170Mb drive.  There may be other
problems also; I'm not sure what the differences are between the 750
and the 360.

The only way I could get Linux running was to install Linux on a
normal 386 system, and repeatedly try patching the kernel source
on that machin until I could get it to load on the thinkpad.
I used the UMSDOS hack to install a root file system on the thinkpad's
disk until I could build a real file system.  Eventually I got it
running,  only to abandon it later because the Linux networking code
at that time wasn't robust enough.  I'm now running NetBSD 0.9
on my 750 (which also required several patches).

The patches I used for Linux, along with a couple of other fixes
that came along later, are available for anonymous ftp from
cs.utk.edu, directory pub/moore/linux.

Keith Moore