heeeelp...installing linux...

Okay...

Can ANYONE give a no-nonsense idiot-proof guide to installing linux on a
TP 750C w/ 340 HD?

I'm at wit's end...

I got the Thinkpad 750 "kernel" from peipa.essex.ac.uk (/pub/tp750).

Now what?

I don't know what to do...

I downloaded the SCSI bootimage from tsx-mit.edu.  Ran that.  SHeld down
the left shift key to specify the hard drive type.  Did that.  When it
asks for another disk...what do i insert???  If I need to make the
patches outlined...then how do I do that when I can install off the
floppy in order to make the %^#$%@ patches??????

(Sorry if I seem like I'm griping...I'm just PO'ed at linux...)