Need some help w/Linux kernel on Thinkpad 360.

Hey folks,

I just got a Thinkpad 360 w/8M RAM and 170M HD and I'm trying to run
Linux. If anyone has tried this or something close to this (the new
755?), I'd like to hear about your experiences.

In summary, the bare kernels and those similar to it have a problem
with the floppy drive. I grabbed a kernel called zImage.Thinkpad which
appears to be for 750's, this locks up after uncompressing, determining
there is no math coprocessor and saying "Giving Up", though it does
boot and recognize the floppy disk. Perhaps the problem is the need to
specify the hard disk geometry and I'm not sure how to acomplish this
using this Thinkpad kernel. Any ideas anyone?

thanks, ed