Re: Serial port & Modems (External)

In message Sun, 3 Jul 1994 14:30:47 -0500 (EST),
  "Adam Wilkinson" <adam@tiamat.umd.umich.edu>  writes:
> In message Fri, 1 Jul 1994 14:14:59 -0800 (PST),
> "John Kim" <jokim@chs.cusd.claremont.edu>  writes:

>> Personally I think they should've stuck with MCA.  I doubt they're
>> selling  *that* many docking stations, especially at the price they
>> charge.
>
> Actually, machines based on the ISA achitecture are easier, faster and
> cheaper to design and build, regardless of whether or not a docking
> station is used.

But since the 700 and 720 were *already* MCA, making the 750 MCA would've
been a minor redesign, while making it ISA meant starting from scratch.
(Something I have GOT to remember - never buy the first version after a
complete redesign.  I thought I'd learned my lesson after buying a first
edition of a book but somehow I keep doing this - last time it was my car.)

Oh well, it's ISA now and not much is going to change that.
--
John H. Kim              | "Just try telling the IRS you don't feel like
jokim@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu | 'contributing' this year come April" - Bob Dole