Disk compression

I am seriously trying to use the Windows system on my TP750C. I am used to
the simple and fast DesqView on my old l40SX with 40M disk and 4M memory.
With 12M on the TP I can use programs with just a little agression, but 170M
is very little, 140M programs gives little room for data. The price for a
340M disk is frightening and there is no trade-in arrangement.

SO:
What is the experience with the compression program that is delivered with
IBM DOS 6.1. I it simple and safe to use ???
Thor \ivind Jensen
Institutt for administrasjon og organisasjonsvitenskap
Christiesgt 17 N-5007 BERGEN, Norway
++47 5 212153