char-ready? => read-char-ready?

I proposed this a while back, but my proposal met with little or no
response.  I propose that the name of the optional procedure
"char-ready?" be changed to "read-char-ready?", to allow for
generalization to "read-ready?", "write-char-ready?", and maybe even
"write-ready?".  Does anyone object to changing the name of
"char-ready?"?  Note that I am not advocating that we add "read-ready?"
or the others, just that we change the name of "char-ready?" to
"read-char-ready?".

An additional justification for this proposal is that "char-ready?"
sounds too much like a character predicate (e.g., "char-upper-case?",
"char-numeric?") and does not sound like it has anything to do with
I/O.

Kent