Re: fixed java problem!

patrick,

why is this a problem?  can't the development directory be
in CVS, as usual, and the production directory simply be
a current (perhaps date-stamped) checked-out copy?   CVS
takes care of all the "synching up" for you.

prof. t.

Patrick Nichols wrote:
Never mind -- figured it out.

As it turns out (word to the wise), applets can't access packages that aren't in the local directory. Meaning, somewhat unfortunately, that you have to maintain a central CVS copy of some things as well as a local copy of code, possibly synching them up.

With every passing day, my hatred of Sun grows and grows. At least I'm not writing all of this in C.

-P